Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Clos du Marquis Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Clos du Marquis 2014 is a blend of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot and 4% Cabernet Franc cropped at 33 hectoliter per hectare and matured in 50% new wood. Picked between 30 September and 13 October, it has a ripe, quite opulent bouquet with layers of blackberry, dark plum and incense, a touch of pencil lead with time. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, a little pinched at the moment but it will "relax". The alcohol level is one of the highest ever at 13.85% and yet it it counterbalanced by its freshness. In fact, the finish is quite classic in style and provides a pleasant juxtaposition with the more generous aromatics - it will be interesting to see how they develop during their élevage. Drink 2018 - 2035.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
This has a subtle sauvage side, with a hint of dark olive and a smoldering tobacco note weaving around the core of fleshy plum sauce and steeped blackberry fruit. A touch firm on the finish for now, with a woodsy edge, but features more than enough flesh to soak that up.
J.M - Wine Spectator
Very good density of fruit: lots of lift and great purity and class. Pure St-Julien.
The purity of fruit to this young wine is impressive with currants, raspberries and black cherries. Full body, firm and chewy tannins and a long, long finish. Very serious. Structured. Fine.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.