Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Smith Haut Lafitte 2014 is a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, cropped at 35 hectoliters per hectare that is matured in 65% new barrels. There is a strong and persuasive marine influence on the nose, suggestions of iodine and seaweed infusing the black fruit that is very well defined and nicely embroidered with the oak. The palate is medium-bodied with edgy, slightly chalky tannin; saline in the mouth and linear, focused, quite penetrating finish. In a similar fashion to the Haut-Bailly, this is a more "athletic" Smith Haut Lafitte, but one that allows the terroir to come through and be articulated. This is a stylish "S.H.L." from talented winemaker Fabien Teitgen. Drink 2019 - 2035.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
This has nice spine, with a persistent graphite and ganache character that runs through the core of dark plum and black currant fruit. The grip is well-embedded and there's lingering freshness despite the heft and depth. This will likely fill out more with time.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
They have so nailed the 'full extraction without making it obvéous' trick at this property. Clearly high oak and firm tannins but rich, enrobed, black coffee and rich damson fruit, will age well, get really fine tannic structure, but with the slightly glamorous house style, the Mouton of Pessac-Léognan. Lovely. The vibrancy and integrity of the fruit from their biodynamic/organic work in the vineyard is very clear.
This is a very muscular style of Smith Haut Lafitte with great bio-precision that equates to intense flavors and textures. Mineral, stone, blueberry and wet earth. Long, persistent and solid. A classic Bordeaux style yet rich and exact.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.