Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc 2014 is a blend of 90% Sauvignon Blanc and 5% each of Sémillon and Sauvignon Gris matured in 50% new oak. Curiously, it seems less expressive than the Le Petit Haut Lafitte and Les Haut de Smith at the moment. This is very taciturn in comparison but leaving it aside for 10-15 minutes it finally reveals chalk and oyster shell scents. The palate is fresh on the entry with crisp acidity and sharp citric fruit, but it feels quite linear on the finish, does not really deliver the knock-out punch that other vintages deliver. Hopefully it will muster something more to say throughout the remainder of its barrel maturation. Drink 2018 - 2028.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
This crackles with energy, while a mix of white peach, yellow apple, Chartreuse, chamomile and green plum notes all mix together. The finish is still coiled up, but there's range and length here to spare.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Highly successful across both colours in 2014, this has so much character and grip that there is still plenty to love. Firm varietal definition, but with a touch lower acidity than some whites in this vintage as picked late to balance acidity levels. Great persistency, lots of pleasure ahead.
This is a phenomenal young white with wonderful depth and finesse. Amazing aromas and flavors of lavender, lemon peels, sliced apples, lilacs and minerals. Full body, intense fruit and a long, long finish. Superb depth and intensity.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.