Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Sansonnet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
In his note on the 2013, Robert Parker remarked that readers should keep a sharp eye out for this upcoming property and the Château Sansonnet 2014 shows exactly why. It is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc cropped at 35 hectoliter per hectare and matured in 70% new French oak. It has a decadent nose but unlike some of its more hubristic peers, here it is more complex and defined, nicely interwoven with the new oak, and offers some irresistible floral scents with time. The palate is full-bodied with fleshy black cherry and blackcurrant fruit, a pleasant saline touch with plenty of tension and freshness on the finish. It is a modern-style of Saint Emilion and unequivocally one of the better examples of the genre. Drink 2019 - 2035.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Has some hefty toast, featuring anise, cinnamon and fruitcake notes, with solid plum and boysenberry fruit at the core. Juicy acidity carries the finish. Tasted twice, with consistent notes.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Aiming high. Lively, dark berry aromas with a hint of vanilla oak. Juicy extract on the palate. Lots of minerality. Firm, powerful tannins. Length and freshness on the finish. Limestone terroir clearly present.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.
92-93 points - James Suckling A juicy and minerally red with oyster shells, blackberries and blueberries. Full body, intense finish. Excellent.