Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Rieussec Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
Praline, peach and pecan notes lead the way, followed by apricot and nectarine fruit flavors. Juicy and lush, this has good depth and the vibrancy to match through the finish. Tasted non-blind.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Very refined nose of nectarine, peach, crystallised ginger and sweet spices. Layered, intense and suave, with extremely long-lasting flavours of ginger, sweet spices and tropical fruits. Very harmonious wine: a standout Rieussec.
This has a phenomenal finish. It's dense yet agile with dried tropical fruits and spices. Honey, too. Yet so intense and powerful. It really lasts for minutes. Medium sweet yet so fruity and energetic. This shows how you can have ripeness with fruit and then lots of botrytis. Exciting wine.
The Château Rieussec 2014 is a blend of 93% Semillon, 5% Sauvignon Blanc and 2% Muscadelle, picked from 15 to 29 October through seven tries, the yield half the normal crop at 13 hectoliters per hectare. Charles Chevalier, how lest we forget started here and not chez Lafite, told me that the beginning of September had overripe grapes with passerillage – the second part had very good levels of botrytis. The blend is from these two parts. The bouquet is very well defined with crystal clear honeysuckle and white peach scents. The palate is beautifully balanced with nigh on perfect acidity that makes this seem just so…effortless. I would like to see a little more persistence on the finish, but otherwise this is classic Rieussec that might...and I stress might...just give that Sauternes beginning with the 25th letter of the alphabet, a run for its money.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate #218 April 2015
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.