Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Pape Clement Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Pape Clément 2014 is a blend of 57.5% Merlot, 37.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Petit Verdot picked from 24 September until 20 October. It is matured in 60% new oak. Strangely, first sniff of the nose whisks you away to the Côtes de Nuits, such is its purity. Small dark cherries, hints of crème de cassis and vanilla; it is beautifully poised and with continued aeration there is just a suggestion of dark chocolate. The palate is full-bodied and dense in the mouth, the oak nicely integrated here and the acidity well judged. It actually possesses the linearity of the La Mission Haut-Brion '14 tasted on the previous visit. There is no fantail on the finish, but there is plenty of mineralité and tension. Tasted four or five times and never to be under-estimated. Drink 2018 - 2045.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Broad and hefty, with a wall of ganache out front, followed by steeped fig and blackberry paste flavors. The dense, loamy finish lets the toast hold sway. Shows more power than purity, but there's density and length here, too. For fans of the style.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
This is a restrained version of Pape Clément compared to some vintages, and for me all the more successful because of it. Fine but firm tannins, there is a grip and lovely hold to the fruits, which in turn are dark, brambly, bilberry and cassis. Great potential for medium to long term. Without the swagger that the château displays in 2009 or 2010, but I love the stylistic expression here, from 52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc. Good yields also, 45 hl/h, so it is concentrated but not overly so.
This shows finesse and class of the vintage with pure blackberry and currant character. Full body, fine tannins and a beautiful finish.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.