Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Leoville Poyferre Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Léoville-Poyferré 2014 is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot picked between 1 and 14 October, a little later than some of its Saint Julien neighbors. It has one of the most opulent set of aromatics of the appellation, with crème de cassis, boysenberry jam and macerated small dark cherries - an extravagant bouquet in the context of the growing season. The palate is full-bodied with great density and power. There is a lot of weight in this Saint Julien, spicy in the mouth with a healthy pinch of white pepper towards the finish that feels long in the mouth, although I would like to see more finesse coming through by the time of bottling. As usual, this is one of the most decadent Saint Julien wines, but one that is well-crafted by Didier Cuvelier. Give this several years in bottle. Drink 2021 - 2040.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Very stylish, with blackberry, black cherry and black currant fruit already melded together with subtle charcoal and ganache notes. Offers a velvety feel, but isn't shy on grip or depth. This is sneakily long. A lovely showing.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Richly extracted aroma and palate - quite a broad style as is usual for Poyferré, and a very good future ahead. Always the richest of the three Léovilles.
Very fine and pretty with blueberry, mineral and hazelnut character. Full body, succulent fruits and tannins, as well as a long finish. Savory. Very polished as always.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.