Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Lafaurie Peyraguey 375ml Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
A fresh, clean, direct style in the making, with bright pear, quince and green fig aromas and flavors. Exhibits a sleek feel through the finish. Should be very solid.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Very rich, complex wine offering lemony and smoky botrytis, melon, honeyed pineapple and apricot. Dense but suave, this is the biggest Sauternes of the year, in the typical LP style. New owner Silvio Denz of Lalique fame has started off with a bang.
This is a refined and pretty wine with white peach, spice and honey character. Full-bodied, medium sweet yet refined and pretty. Harmonious. It takes off with the spice character at the end.
The Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey 2014 is a blend of 94% Sémillon, 6% Sauvignon Blanc and 1% Muscadelle picked from 17 September to 27 October (17 days of picking over four tries.) The yields was just 9.4 hectoliter per hectare and it is aged in 40% new oak and there is 137 grams per liter residual sugar. It has a very pure bouquet that should fine mineralité once in bottle. It is not as intense as its peers, but very harmonious and one can see the influence of Prof. Denis Dubourdieu here, instilling more "verve" than recent vintages. The palate is fresh and vibrant on the entry. Very precise, very poised but linear at the moment, the best part of this Sauternes is the last ‘third’ that is underpinned by vibrant, spicy fruit and a long effervescent tail on the finish. Excellent, through the new wood on the finish suggests that it will benefit from several years in bottle.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate #218 April 2015
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.