Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau La Lagune Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château La Lagune 2014 was picked between 22 September is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot and 10% Petit Verdot with the young plots of Merlot and finishing with the Petit Verdot on 7 October. Proprietor Caroline Fray explained that there is a higher percentage of Cabernet because the Merlot suffered a lot of coulure. They have also replanted some Cabernet on the top of the hill, and these are now ready to go into the Grand Vin (there will probably be a higher level of Cabernet Sauvignon from now on.) It has well-defined bouquet, a little broody at first, but opening with chalky scents, tobacco and a touch of graphite, the higher percentage of Cabernet lending it a Pauillac like personality. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin, quite citric acidity but supported by adequate black fruit. This is a classic La Lagune that I think will fill out with barrel maturation (50% new) and turn into a mighty fine La Lagune that will settle at the top of my banded score. Drink 2017 - 2035.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate # 218 (Apr 2015)
A brisk, racy, high-toned style, with lilac and pebble notes guiding the core of red currant and cherry pit flavors.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
A refined and clean red with blackberry blueberry and fresh acidity. Medium to full body, with fine tannins and a clean finish. Subtle yet dense. Shows pretty potential.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.