Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau La Gaffeliere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château la Gaffelière 2014 is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc. The nose feels a little overripe and smudged, not really the traditional La Gaffelière style. The palate is better with grainy tannin, good depth of fruit and a rather conservative but nicely focused finish. Apparently there will be around 40% new oak on the final blend, which would make it a more balanced wine. Let's see.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Features a solid core of dark, ripe plum, fig and blackberry fruit, complemented by lovely minerality through the finish. Delivers some deft toast, letting the fruit and minerality take the lead. Things are on the upswing here.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Derenoncourt consults. Elegant texture and tannins. Stays on the fruit - raspberry, cherry notes. Lively and fresh. Minerality shows. Good, persistent finish. Firm, tannic line at the end. Has staying power.
This is really complex and minerally with so much going on. Full, tight and precise. One of the best ever from here. All the hard work in reorganizing the vineyard is paying off.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.