Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau L'Evangile Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
Tightly coiled for now, offering raspberry, bitter plum and dark currant fruit that should unwind slowly. Features charcoal and smoldering tobacco notes, with a hint of loam underscoring the finish. Always among the more muscular Pomerols, with a substantial percentage of Cabernet Franc, and 2014 is no different. Tasted non-blind.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Aromas of blackberries, oyster shell and black licorice. Full body and a firm and muscular backbone of tannins. Slightly austere.
The Château L’Evangile 2014 is a blend of 82% Merlot and 18% Cabernet Franc, the latter from re-planted vines that have come into the grand vin. It has a very refined bouquet, the Cabernet Franc lending a slight savory character. The palate is beautifully structured with a fine line of acidity. The black fruit is suffused with a hint of sweet coconut coming through on the finish from the oak. That will be subsumed with time. This is quite a powerful L’Evangile with fine tannins and an insistent grip. This is an impressive L'Evangile and it may warrant a higher score after bottling.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate #218 April 2015
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.