Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Giscours Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Giscours 2014 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot and 20% Merlot picked between 22 September until 16 October. Alexandre Van Beek told me that the Merlot didn't really contribute to the blend. The nose is reticent at first with scents of black fruits, a touch of graphite and a subtle marine influence, detailed though not intense. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin on the entry, the acidity pointed and noticeable from start to finish. There is plenty of freshness here (acidity 3.4 pH) very linear with fine tension, probably an earlier drinking Giscours since there is not the weight of the fantail of flavours on the finish. It just needs more horsepower. Drink 2019 - 2032.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Fresh, with pretty cherry and plum fruit, lined with a light red licorice thread and backed by violet and iron notes on the finish. Not that dense but has good range and definition.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Elegant, crunchy black fruits on the nose and florality and ripeness on the palate. Typical classy Giscours with seductive charm and elegant tannins.
Very pretty cabernet sauvignon character. Full body, fine tannins and a bright finish. Ultra-fine tannins. Tight and caressing. Refined. This is a little more cabernet in the blend that gives detail and direction.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.