Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Clos Haut-Peyraguey 2014 is a blend of 95% Sémillon and 5% Sauvignon Blanc picked between 16 September and 25 October. Michel Rolland actually told me that Bernard Magrez had insisted he oversee the wine himself despite Michel's protesting that Sauternes was not his area of expertise. Well, this is a damn fine Sauternes. It has captivating purity on the nose with that Sémillon in full flight, almost Climens-like in style. The palate is unctuous on the entry, the acidity nice judged, perhaps just a tad straight-laced on the finish but very pure and sensual. This is a very fine Clos Haut Peyraguey that could surpass recent vintages.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate # 218 April, 2015
Unctuous pineapple, nectarine and mango flavors pump along, backed by good ginger and orange zest notes. Solidly built.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Brooding aromas of tropical fruit and spice need plenty of aeration and speak of the 95% Semillon in the blend. Mouthcoating tannins. Very sweet (at 145 g/L RS - one of the sweetest 2014s), rich style, but balanced. Great stuff.
This is really dense and powerful with loads of dried botrytis fruits and flavors. Full body, medium sweetness and a long finish. Impressive.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.