Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Climens Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Climens was tasted from several lots that Bérénice Lurton and her team are preparing to blend together during its barrel maturation. Having conducted this practice over many years, I would point out that whereas in some years one has to conjecture to the full, in 2014 the lots were both smaller in number, less heterogeneous and paradoxically, more "complete". This made it easier to envisage the final wine. Here, you had to focus on the second trie where 80% of the crop was picked with widespread onset of botrytis. There are fleeting senses of dried honey, juniper berries and marigold, dried apricot on a couple of barrels. There is clearly good acidity here, most of the lots spicier than 2013. As usual, this Climens is bestowed a sense of volume and persistence in the mouth and you have the sense that this will be a more approachable Barsac compared to other vintages. Overall, Bérénice Lurton has a winning Climens on her hands, one that will in the top two or three sweet wines of the vintage.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate # 218 (Apr 2015)
One extremely fine lot after another, all marked by an extremely pure lemony botrytis. Bright and crisp, with lovely sweetness and mindboggling precision. Choosing between the various barrels to make the final blend will be even tougher than usual this year.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.