Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Chateau Canon Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Château Canon 2014 is a blend of 72% Merlot and 28% Cabernet Franc, the estate moving towards the latter in terms of its new plantings, which will possibly see 40% in 15 or 20 years time. It was picked from 22 September until 6 October for the Merlot and three days later for the Cabernet Franc, matured in around 80% new oak. It has a glorious bouquet with great purity and delineation: raspberry, wild strawberry and small red cherries, very pure and harmonious. The palate is medium-bodied with sensual ripe, filigree tannin, just the right amount of salinity, precise and mineral-rich towards the exquisite, pure and "classic" finish. This is outstanding for the vintage - a sublime Château Canon that might dare rank alongside the 2009 and 2010. If this represents the valedictory Canon from John Kolasa, then what a way to bow out. Drink 2018 - 2038.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
Ripe but brightly defined, with damson plum, violet and bitter cherry notes, backed by a lively sanguine hint. The racy finish shows some flashy aspects, giving this good range.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Predominantly Merlot from the plateau. Continues in a classical, elegant mould. Pure and fragrant. Refined tannins and texture. Lovely freshness and length. Structured for ageing but guided by the philosophy of drinkability.
A wonderful Canon with fabulous finesse and class. Full-bodied yet refined and polished. It touches your senses. Shows Right Bank made excellent wines in 2014!
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.