Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2013 Chateau Rieussec Sauternes (375ml) - Pre-arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- ABV 13.5%
- Closure: Cork
The grand vin from Chateau Rieussec is a blend of 95.5% Semillon and 4.5% Sauvignon Blanc picked between September 26 and October 31 over four tries through the vineyard (although some blocks took more than that). The nose is a little closed at the moment, with light honey and a touch of marmalade. The palate is very well-balanced, very tense and focused with superb mineralite toward the lightly viscous finish. This is a classy number, a pretty Rieussec in the making.
Neal Martin - RobertParker.com #212 (Apr 2014)
This has unctuous texture and remains a touch rambunctious, with crystalized ginger, peach, apricot and quince flavors that have yet to meld fully. Should come together given ample time. Really solid. Best from 2018 through 2038. 6,000 cases made.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
This is really mind-blowing with super concentration of botrytis showing dried mushrooms, dried apricots, and lemon. Lemon curd and sorbet. Full-bodied, medium sweet, dense and layered. Goes on for minutes. A triumph. Drink or hold.
(95.5% semillon and 4.5% sauvignon blanc): Full medium yellow. Pineapple and mango along with lemony botrytis and sexy vanillin oak notes on the enticing nose. Big, rich, dense and powerful, with and impressively rich semillon texture; pineapple and ripe, smoky yellow peach flavors are given a penetrating quality by strong, harmonious acidity. This firmly built, long Sauternes ought to age very well.
Ian D'Agata - vinous.com
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in November 2017.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.