Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2013 Chateau Fayau Cadillac (375ml) Pre Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Cellar Drink Now - 6 years (2019-2025)
- ABV 12.5%
- Closure: Cork
Sauternes enthusiasts have long known that across the Garonne River they can procure what is arguably the greatest value wine in sweet white Bordeaux, which in exceptional years produces a wine equal to Sauternes which may sell at two or three times its price. This bizarre anomaly is the Chateau Fayau Cadillac, and although the wine cannot be labelled Sauternes as such, it is essentially identical in every way.
A vinous bargain when one considers the prices of top Sauternes houses.
Brilliant pale straw to straw colour with golden tinged edges. Intense honeyed aromatics of apricot and peach are trailed by some ripe pineapple, marmalade and spice notes. Rich and luscious in its textural feel yet possessing good balanced freshness, flavours of honeyed apricots are complemented by ripe peach, sweet pineapple, traces of marmalade and spice. Excellent depth, although a fraction lighter than the 2011. Finishes long and fresh with a honeyed apricot, peach, subtle marmalade and spice aftertaste.
Drink anytime over the next 5-6 years.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the pre-arrival pricing.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in January 2020.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.