Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2012 Tardieu-Laurent Hermitage Pre-arrival
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- ABV 13%
- Closure: Cork
Maison Tardieu Laurent has developed a solid following here in Australia in recent years. Their 2007s have been stunning across the board. In 2008, they dodged the bullets, providing us with some of the finest wines in what was a difficult vintage for the Southern Rhone, then they came back ever so strongly with the stunning 2009 and 2010 vintages in both North and South. 2011 delivered fresh, aromatic wines that are drinking well already.
In 2012 the wines across the board are a step above their 2011 counteparts, rich and fruit driven with good concentration. Likened to a lighter styled 2010 vintage, the wines are again vibrant and expressive, with dark fruit and medium to full-bodied richness. While they will be aproachable on release, the best will live for 15+ years.
Given their remarkable quality and consistency, it's no surprise that globally, the wines of Tardieu Laurent are in bigger demand than ever. So much so that the Australian allocations have steadily been reduced in recent years. Quite simply, they're becoming increasingly difficult to procure. Consequently, we've got in early to secure a selection of the 2012s as direct imports. The prices are fantastic but the quantities available are extremely limited and the wines will be sold on a first in first served basis. Don't delay!
The 2012 Hermitage shows the richness of this appellation, with masculine, muscular aromas and flavors of graphite, cracked pepper, smoked earth and copious black and blue fruits. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated, with ample tannin and concentration, it’s a big wine that will need short-term cellaring to become approachable. Give it 3-4 years and enjoy over the following 12-15 years.
Jeb Dunnuck - Wine Advocate Issue #210 Dec 2013
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the pre-arrival pricing
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late Feb 2015.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by clicking here.