1997 J. Hofstatter Blauburgunder Pinot Nero Riserva Doc

Delivery Information

Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia

Click here for all Australian freight rates

Typical Christmas delivery times - not guaranteed*
  • Melbourne 3-4 working days
  • Sydney 4-5 working days
  • Brisbane 4-6 working days
  • Adelaide 4-5 working days
  • Perth 5-10+ working days

For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.

International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.

There are currently no reviews for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

1997 J. Hofstatter Blauburgunder Pinot Nero Riserva Doc

$44.99 Bottle
  • Closure: Cork

Notes sourced from Enoteca Sileno

Grape variety: 100% Pinot Nero
Region: In the hillsides around the Barthenau estate at Mazon in the north eastern region of Alto Adige. The vines are approximately 30 years old. Since 1980, the wine label has been changed every vintage to promote a distinguished artist from the Alto Adige region.
Production: 75% of the grapes are destemmed and pressed while the remaining 25% go whole into the fermentation tanks. Skin contact during fermentation lasts 11 days. The wine is carefully racked twice before 75% is matured in large oak casks and the remainder in small oak casks. Finally the wine is blended together and bottled before being left to bottle age in the old estate cellars for up to 3 years. The Riserva is the perfect compromise between classic Pinot Nero and the Barthenau Vigna S. Urbano.
Characteristics: This wine is deep ruby garnet with a typical aroma of undergrowth, small berry fruits and black cherry. On the palate it is warm, harmonious and well integrated being rich in complexities. It is firm though elegant, broad and velvety and will be even more impressive with a further two years in the bottle.
Serve: 18 - 20ÂșC and decant if desired.
Try With: Red meats, game and seasoned cheeses.