The fruit for this wine was sourced from seven different sites located throughout New Zealand’s renown Marlborough region. 93% of the blend was fermented in stainless steel, with the remaining 7% barrel fermented in old French oak barriques to add palate weight and increase complexity.
Bright pale straw colour with water like hue. Grassy, herbaceous top note, followed by unripe gooseberry and spice – showing strong varietal character. Mouthfilling palate – showing intense grassy gooseberry flavours followed by a background of unripe gooseberry, with citrus back palate flavours. Excellent length. Crisp acid finish. Long aftertaste of unripe gooseberry.
Cellar 1-2 years (2008-2009)